Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I hate magnets and contacts

I bet you can imagine what I did today...learn (or fail at learning) about Magnets. I don't know why I find magnetism such a hard topic to comprehend for the MCAT. There are really just a few equations like the ones for the magnetic force equation, magnetic field equation. The most interesting thing about magnetism is the fact that people have known its existence for so long. Ancient explorers used compasses to navigate through the largely unknown seas. These compasses worked by aligning with the magnetic poles of the earth. I bet you didn't know that the Earth's geographic north pole is actually its magnetic south pole. Weird right? And no, its not just the US trying to be different from the rest of the world, that's actually the way it is.

To add to my day full of misery, I went to the optometrist to get contacts -my first time. It was not good. I could not get the contacts into my eyes even after thirty tries! After going through several tissues, videos, finally the optometrist gave up and told me to come back another day. FAIL. Anyway, that's all I have for today!

Cheers,

- BK

(P.S. The Rupert Murdoch scandal is hilarious to watch because he literally had every person of importance from the police to the royals in his pocket...now that's power!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment